Loading...
 
Architecture / Installation

Architecture / Installation


Time for an upgrade (1.7.5/1.8 and how?)

posts: 8357 Israel

As true as 1+1=2, i need simple explanation for real newbee !

For now, i have only ftp access and i use 1.7.4 successfully (i don't intend to break :-))


After checking some calendar troubles lately, i was suggested to wait the tikiwiki upgrade... But they are two upgrade availlable !

1.7.5 and 1.8

- To wich one i should go ?

What are the "upgrade" (onto a working version) procedure.

I recall that for the install i asked my hoster to do it because of root/apache owner permissions that were disturbing. If i replace the files, the owner then will change... correct ?

Thanks for your great work !
Yoni


posts: 2881 United Kingdom

Hi Yoni,

Actually the 1.8 code is still under development. We have problems with it on doc.tw.o at the moment too. That was a upgrade from 1.7.4

So really you have a small choice 1.7.5 or 1.7.5 or manybe 1.7.5 wink or wait :-)

To upgrade to 1.7.5 there are no db changes. Its just a case of changing the codebase and empting templates_c


Damian


posts: 8357 Israel

Hello Damian !

As you remember my problems you noticed that 1.7.5 won't help me :-)

I'll wait cool

I would have help you, but i don't know hell what is "doc.tw.o" biggrin

Thanks again
Yoni

posts: 2881 United Kingdom

>
> I would have help you, but i don't know hell what is "doc.tw.o" biggrin
>
> Thanks again
> Yoni

Its http://doc.tikiwiki.org


posts: 2881 United Kingdom

>
> I would have help you, but i don't know hell what is "doc.tw.o" biggrin
>
> Thanks again
> Yoni

Its http://doc.tikiwiki.org


posts: 8357 Israel
So... Is it the time to FTP upgrade from 1.7.5 to 1.8 ??? question