- Display pictures (files) from the file gallery through a tracker item
We have here a "main" picture (used to list the item in many places) and we have several "sub" picture.
They are displayed as thumbnail onside with a zoom over that output the hovered picture in a main area.
Let’s discuss the options and how this can be done.
This could be a pilot for the next topic.
- Tiki recipes, good practices
The idea is to have a collection of good practices, solutions, Tiki recipes to help Tiki new admins to become Tiki advanced admin. There is a list of common problem to be solved on the internet using an application like Tiki or competitors. How to display pictures from an item, how to manage a user profile, how to use social network and many more. We ourself, the Tiki community have many ways to do the same things and we can’t say 100% it the optimised way to use resources and Tiki functionalities at its best.
- Discussing the idea
- Yes, I've thought for a long time that we need a "recipe" collection, or cook book, that gives information about doing things that aren't covered by the installation and configuration info at doc.t.o. Topics like ways to use trackers, how to use wiki plugins (especially the more complex ones like PluginList), when to use wiki syntax and when to use HTML, how to use Bootstrap classes in wiki page content, etc. are things that people need more guidance on.
- Discussing the where — Doc, Dev, Profiles ?
- I think themes.tiki.org might be a good place for this, kind of by process of elimination. Doc, Dev, and Profiles have specific purposes that "recipes and good practices" are outside of. I think of doc.t.o as the place for info on how to use Tiki as it ships, and there's plenty of content within that mandate. Tiki recipes and good practices are also outside of the scope of themes, strictly speaking, but themes.t.o is pretty low-activity so could take on another purpose. (To bend the site identity to match the content, the idea could be "not only visual themes but also 'usability themes'" ). There are already some guides there like how to make columns in pages, template tricks, and so on, so this is a natural extension, I think.
- Introduction To Tiki (Documentation)
An idea came up for a flow chart of how to get what you want from Tiki when you're first starting out, worth discussing i think
- Discuss the current unsustainable strategy of Tiki.org, e.g. root problem (too many Features & Tiki versions in relation to the number of developers and Community), and solving this by switching to a 'Rolling Release' model (+ leading 'beta' version) to focus on Q.A. and community growth and support.
- Discuss streamlining Tiki (reducing Features, retiring features, cleaning up duplicate features, re-organizing features, document clean up, etc.) for easier on-boarding, clearer focus, quicker adoption, etc. As one example, see Control Panel Re-Organization https://dev.tiki.org/Control-Panel-re-organization
- Establishing Short and Medium term Organizational Plans for Tiki.org to set clear goals and objectives (so in addition to the general, macro and long term Tiki Road Map https://dev.tiki.org/RoadMap)