Table of contents
TikiWiki install guide 9.1-RC3 in an Ensym hosting environment
This Wikipage is a sequel to the excellent page from paulap01
My hostingprovider uses Ensym-hosting, which in some cases is no ride on the rollercoaster
To make a long story short (and thats what u wan't i guess) here's the tutorial on how to install TikiCMS
I describe step by step the actions I do to install 1.9 RC3
1. I download the latest 1.9 release.
2. I uploaded the package to my hostingprovider
3. I unpacked the package in the defaultdirectory/
4. my host runs apache, php, mysql and the ensim (WEBppliance Pro 3.5.20-9) hosting manager
5. in php.ini i changed the following:
6. I logged on to my ftp-account and set 777 permissions to:
backups db dump img/wiki img/wiki_up modules/cache temp temp/cache templates_c var var/log var/log/irc templates styles lib/Galaxia/processes
NOTE: the directories (var var/log var/log/irc temp/cache) are not initialy created
7. Then I load http://www.mydomain.com/tiki-install.php and get following error page (only the first lines are listed here, the rest is uninteresting):
whats this mailin-feature ?
why i use this feature ?
Another reason why i use the mailin-feature is this:
I will be adding some examples for more details but for me this feature rocks