Tiki has a PDF export from wiki feature, but it has many bugs.
Marc Laport, Jason Diceman, Val Luck and, Xavier de Pedro, (add your name here) are offering a total of $300 USD to any single or team of developers that can get this feature fully functional.
Post on this page or contact jason-tiki (at) cooptools.ca to help out.
We are currenlty collecting a list bugs and defining what we mean by "fully functional".
- export a complete wiki-structure to PDF, including a table of contents
- export all pages from a category, including a table of contents
- (Solved)Pictures are only inserted by about a third. The upper part is inserted, the lower part is just gray. Looks like a slowly loaded web page that you pressed "stop" in the browser half way. ( Tikiwiki 1.8 )
- (Solved)pdf generation does not understand box plugin
- (Solved)PDF generation problem when page starts with space
- (Solved)PDF created from Safari (Mac OS X) has to be renamed
- (Solved)a numbered list item, followed by an italic text error
- (Solved)PDF conversion error with dt, dd, dl tags
More to be add under #876666 on SF search "PDF"
sylvie : 3/19/05 - rewritting the pdf generation by using another LGPL library : work in progress
nchankov : 02/14/06 - all issues are solved with new library html2pdf changes are currently available on CVS version
xavi: 02/17/06 - nchanov, and others: I've read at a html2pdf page that their code is licensed with GPL, and not LGPL. Doesn't it arise any incompatible license issues if pdf2html is released within tiki 1.10 instead of as TikiMod (if possible)?
sylvie: 02/17/06: Yes this will have to move to mod because of the GPL license and because it needs a php with DOM XML module