- Both are a collaborative application with lots of features.
- Both are very present in the enterprise
- Sharepoint is a commercial product, while Tiki is a community-managed open source project. License: LGPL.
- Tiki is a LAMP application whereas SharePoint is is designed to run on a Windows Server.
- Tiki comes from the web app/wiki world (where everything is browser-based) where as SharePoint comes from the Document Management System (DMS) world where things are based on files/desktop-apps.
- Tiki has features that go beyond the scope of SharePoint (ex.: because they are covered by Microsoft Outlook)
Even references that don't directly discuss Tiki may have comparisons are relevant to Tiki.
- How good is MS Sharepoint as a wiki? wikisym.org
- Sharepoint vs Twiki. twiki.org.
- Comparing Sharepoint to Confluence?. Atlassian blog. 2009-03-06.
- MS Sharepoint as a Wiki: Few functions, less compatibility. Seibert Media blog. 2009-02-27.
Help me! ... During the last year i've set up our intranet website using tikiwiki. Now one of the managers says it might be a good idea to switch to sharepoint... what should I do? A : kick him in the nuts B: punch him in the face C: first kick, then punch ...