Hello, my name is Andreas Gies and I work as an Architect/Consultant for an American Software company.
About a year ago our consultancy team discovered Wiki technology as the means of knowledge sharing and since then we have adopted ))TikiWiki(( to achieve that. It was me driving the idea and finally setting up the server which is now consuming a decent percentage of my free time.
When I am not online, I work on Service Oriented Architectures on quite a range of technologies, but mostly on the server side. The technologies include Java, J2EE, CORBA, Messaging, Databases and of course the latest hype, Web services.
I am doing that already for a number of years now...actualy I started my career on the good old mainframe computers.
- It's a great tool and I really like it
- The PDF generation is quite an important feature for me, because I am pressing my fellow consultants into online documentation. Eventually documents have to be generated from there as good as possible. I have started introductions of myself to the team and am looking into PDF generation. I guess before I touch anything, I need to understand the current architecture, which probably take a couple of days.
- The Security Model was a bit hard to understand, because I am used to models having groups and Subgroups. The Model on ))TikiWiki(( seemed a bit the other way around for me. I am not saying this is a bad thing, just different.
- Family, my wife and 2 kids don't share my internet enthusiasm, which is probably a good thing.
- My dogs, a Jack Russel and a Husky.
- Motorcycles, my current one is a K1200RS in black.