Administrators can view and edit the User Preference page for any user.
Future Version (1.8) only
The following is only applicable to the CVS version until 1.8 versions are released:
User Defined Fields
A rudimentary capability exists to add additional text fields to the User Preferences page. This might be used for fields like:
- AIM (or other IM handles)
In order to add a new field, you must insert a record into the tiki_user_preferences table. Use a command similar to the following:
insert into tiki_user_preferences values('CustomFields','Home_Phone',NULL);
The values of the 3 fields are:
- must be 'CustomFields'
- descriptive label - this is what shows on screen as the field label
- default value - NULL means no default, a string here will put that value in the field for the user to edit.
- At this time, there is no web page to create the actual field definitions, you must use the SQL statement shown above.
- No spaces are allowed in the label, an underscore can be used instead.
- There is no support for anything other than plain text fields
- Possible security issue - if a user registers with the name 'CustomFields', they could possibly change the default values, or cause other problems. Possible workaround - create your own user with that name and don't use it for anything.
- The created fields are informational only, they don't hook into anything useful inside Tiki.