<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7iHkz5Eg5oY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7iHkz5Eg5oY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G1TuB5P4Ypw&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G1TuB5P4Ypw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Using Wiki Pages
To understand what a Wiki page is and how they work, please read the Wiki page.
Depending on how the TikiWiki administrator has configured the TikiWiki site you're using,
you may be able to do some or all of the following:
- Create new pages
- EE existing pages
- Read pages
- Add Comments to pages
- Find Similar pages
- See what is hot and what is not
- Much, much more
The following sections and pages explain how to create and use Wiki pages and syntax.
The Wiki Menu
The following image is the menu that most users will see if all options are activated.
The options are as follows:
- Wiki the Wiki Home page is viewed. See A Wiki Page below
- Wiki Home the Wiki Home page is viewed. See A Wiki Page below
- Last Changes this allows the user to see which pages have changed. See Last Changes below
- Dump this allows the user to create a compressed file from the page
- Rankings this will show which pages are hot or how much activity they have had. See Wiki Rankings below
- List Pages this provides a complete listing of all pages in the site. See List Pages below
- Orphan Pages pages do get orphaned with time - that is - the links to them are removed. This option provides a way to find them. See Backlinks & Orphan Pages below
- Sandbox this is a safe place to experiment with Wiki Syntax or HTML. See The Sandbox below
- Print this allows multiple pages to be printed. See Wiki Printing below
- Structures (not shown in the image) are visible to anyone with Admin privileges. Structures are a way of applying an order to Wiki pages, like building a directory tree.
A Wiki Page
The following image is for the Wiki Home Page before any content was added to it.
The buttons across the top have the following meaning:
- Button this opens the Wiki Page or for this page. See the Wiki Page or page
- Remove Button this allows a Wiki page to be deleted. NOTE: A deleted page can be recovered by admin.
- Rename Button this allows the page to be renamed. See Page Renaming below
- Lock/Unlock Button a page can be locked to prevent it from being ed. If this is done, only the Author (if enabled) or Admin will be able to unlock it.
- Perms Button Group Permissions can be assigned to a page. See Page Permissions below
- History Button this provides a detailed History of the page. See Page History below
- Similar Button this is a search facility for finding similar pages. See Similar Pages below
- Undo Button this will undo the last . See Undo below
- Export Button this allows the page to be exported to a text file on your system. See Page Export below
- Comment Button users can add comments to a page. See Page Comment below
The Icons at the top have the following meaning:
- Opens the or for this page. See the Wiki Page or page
- Provides a listing of every page that references this page. See Backlinks & Orphan Pages below
- This will display a printer-friendly version of the page by removing menus, sidebars, banners and anything else except the central column.
- Will create an Adobe PDF file from the current page.
- Creates a copy of the page and saves it to your Notepad in the MyTiki section. See Notepad
- Allows the page to be monitored. When a change is made to the page, an email is automatically sent to every user who is monitoring the page. See Page Notification below
Creating a Wiki Page
To create a new page: type a name in the a Wiki Page
Here you can either find a page or create a new one
This screen allows you to see which Wiki pages have changed. The buttons across the top specify how far back to search for changes and the find box allows you to search for changes on specific pages.
As you can see, the date of each change, the page name, who made the change and his IP address are recorded. Under each of the page names are 6 links. They are explained as follows:
- (hist) provides a detailed History of the changes made to this page. See Page History
- v View will show the page as it was when that change was made
- b Back or Rollback is used to revert a page to a given version. Confirmation is asked before the page is rolled back to a previous version. Another alternative is to remove all the versions that you don t like until the desired version becomes the current one.
- c Compare shows a side-by-side comparison between the selected version and the current version.
- d The Difference tool computes a difference between the current version and any selected version in the history. Some people prefer the Difference tool while others prefer the Comparison tool, you can use whatever you want or both.
- s Displays the Source code of the selected version. This is nearly identical to what is seen in the Wiki Page or.