Maybe I'm not fully understanding how the Newsletter subscriptions are supposed to work.
What I Want
- Registered users can subsribe to a Newsletter using any email address (althought Tiki should default to the user's registered email address)
- Non-registered users can subscribe to a Newsletter using any email address
- Tiki sends a validation email before adding the address to the subscription list
What I've Selected
For the Newsletter, I've turned "ON" the following options:
- Users can subscribe/unsubscribe to this list
- Users can subscribe any email address
- Validate email addresses
What I'm Actually Seeing Happen
- When a registered user subscribes, they're given a form with only a SUBSCRIBE button — there's no field to enter an email address. I checked the PHP code, and Tiki is using the user's default registration email address in a hidden text field (which is OK); but I want the user to be able to subscribe any email address
- When an admin subsribes, they're given a form that has an email field, pre-populated with their default email address. This is perfect (and is also what I want for registered users).
- When a non-registered user subscribes, they're given (what appears to be) the exact same form as a registered user. There's no field to enter an email address. I checked the code and there is:
<input type="hidden" name="email" value="" />
Clicking SUBSCRIBE returns a blank HTML page.
I have not changed the newsletters.TPL or .PHP file.
Can anyone explain what's going on? Here's the actual page to see for yourself.