I have replicated the behaviour that sholzy mentioned in the first post, although I do not get any error messages.
- I have followed the same steps he took (from https://doc.tiki.org/phpBB-Authentication )
- I created a new user on the phpBB forum
- I was able to log in as the new user on the phpBB forum
- I then tried to log onto Tiki with that user, but I get a blank page (no error messages)
- logging back onto Tiki as admin, I do not see the same username that should have been created (meaning, no user has been created in Tiki)
- incidentally, I also tried to intentionally change the phpbb database credentials to something wrong, to see if it made any difference during the login process, it did not make any difference
I also checked the bugs list, I could not find anything pertinent either under "phpbb" or under "auth" (for authorization).
What I find puzzling is, in the phpBB Authentication page I linked above, there is a tab of the defaults for Tiki 20.x as well - that would infer that somebody has been able to successfully validate that this feature is in fact still working, would it not?