I'm trying to set up a wiki.
Actually a website where the wiki is just one point next to another.
So far I have collected the following wiki problems:
1. In wiki pages there is no link to return to the list.
2. I can only attach images (insert at the cursor).
- How do I insert audios, videos, etc.?
3. Show Map only shows pink and boxes with a cross despite the pin being set.
4. Map open by default?
5. Show map larger?
6. Open Street Map API instead of Google Maps API?
7. Specification of addresses for display on the map?
8. Preset content templates for use?
9. Content templates with form fields?
10. Tag entry on main editing page?
11. Display of the tags under the Wiki entry in the List Pages list.
12. "HomePage" is a wiki page.
Are there no "Pages" like in Wordpress?
I just want the wiki as one function among several functions.
Static info pages, forum, blog, wiki ...
I renamed "HomePage" to a page that explains the purpose of the wiki.
If I click on the website's logo, the homepage still ends up on this page.
I can enter a different URL, but can't you set another page as the start page?
A general welcome page with static content would be better.
If "Wiki Pages" correspond to the Pages in Wordpress, a problem remains.
I want Wiki Pages for a specific purpose. And in between there should be no external pages that serve as normal pages with content, but should not be edited. And also blocking for editing is not the solution, the point is that these pages, which have nothing to do with the actual wiki pages, appear between the actual wiki pages.
Problems that occurred while setting up the wiki, but not only related to the wiki:
13. Better editor with WYSIWYG? These buttons insert the codes here are an imposition.
If you don't use them in the correct order (bold, centered, headline ...), not everything will work.
That can't be considered complete O_o. Even if you as the operator of such a site think "I have no problem with that", not every site has a closed wiki, and when visitors are asked to make or change entries, that's bad ...
14. How do I link to an internal page such as "tiki-listpages.php"
With the linking function for internal pages it does not work with "tiki-listpages" etc.
If I set an external link on the logo, no new tab opens when you click on it and leave the page.
But if I put an "external" link on an internal page, a new tab opens.
15. Rating smileys too small.
Actually own topic as a suggestion:
16. Display of a large world map as a separate page with different symbols on pins for wiki entries, articles etc.
Pins can be filtered by type (wiki, article etc.), rating etc. Pins in different colors depending on the rating.
Search for places or addresses under the world map. On e.g. Mundraub.org you can see what something like that can look like.